Novel Geo-based Web Apps Grant 2013
The emergence of new technologies presents the modern organization with unprecedented opportunities and intricate challenges.
To become or remain a relevant global force, adaptability is a must. With the emerging global smart-phone saturation and inter-connectivity,
it has become more important than ever to provide your supporters, followers, volunteers, staff, and donors with easy access to
The Gadfly Project recognizes the immense challenges facing today's NGO and mission driven company. For this reason, it is providing in-kind grant opportunities to organizations that can demonstrate novel uses for Geo-based Web Applications that will be developed for any use that simultaneously progresses the mission of The Gadfly Project and the proposing organization.
The format of the application is not specified. The applicant may choose whatever format gives the best presentation of the proposed ideas.
Applications should be submitted electronocally to email@example.com. All submissions will be evaluated from the time
that they are recieved until the January 31, 2013 deadline.
Questions will be accepted until January 1, 2013. All questions must be submitted in writing to the above referenced email address.
This grant will have a magnitude of between $10,000(USD) and $60,000(USD). The magnitude of the application should be as close as possible to this range. However, being lower or higher than this range will not disqualify the application.
The deadline for submitting questions is January 1, 2013.
The deadline for submitting applications/proposals is January 31, 2013.
The following entities are eligible:
- US-based 501(c)(3) non-profits
- International non-profits
- Mission-driven for-profit companies
- International non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- Multi-national, national, and local government agencies
Grant proposals will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Mission (30%)- Does the project meet the mission of The Gadfly Project?
- Innovation (20%)- Is the proposed project a novel and fresh approach to solving a problem? Has this concept been used elsewhere or in the past? If so, is it worth repeating?
- Scalability (10%)- Can this project start relatively small (if necessary) but ultimately grow to meet the demands of a global organization?
- Impact (25%)- What affect will this project have on people? Will it positively effect many?
- Exposure (10%)- Will the launch of this project be widely known? Has the submitter show a plan for the proposed project to gain wide, positive exposure?
- Magnitude (5%)- How well does the scale of the proposed project match the intended grant size?
Mission of the Gadfly Project
Make available advanced technologies and exertise to entities committed to promoting peace, economic development, and quality-of-life advancements to people worldwide.